About Me

"Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. " (Dave Barry, American writer and humourist)

Friday 7 September 2012

Less is More Week 83 - Colour 'Pink & Brown'

This week has been a little crazy for one reason or another. The girls went back to school on Wednesday; Mia started Reception and Bethan has moved into Year 4. They looked so much bigger than when they broke up for the summer; where does the time go eh?!

Mia with her "butter wouldn't melt" smile!

After struggling at first for ideas, I must admit I'm quite pleased with my entry for this week's Less is More challenge which is to use the colours brown and pink.
I thought the strip of pink was a bit too CAS and tried all sorts to 'lift' it; then reached for my favouritest embossing folder ever, Swiss dots, and added a band of embossing at the bottom which I think does the trick. What do you think?

Cardstock: From local craft shop
Stamps: Penny Black T for transparent 'Wishes...'
Punch: Woodware
Ink: Memento 'Rich Cocoa' 
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots'

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Love those stamps, terrific card
Your little Mia is gorgeous
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

Swiss dots is my favouritest embossing folder too Caggy! Super car.
Love the pic of Mia too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card & beautiful Mia! I have know idea where time flies - it's frightening how quickly they grow up!!! x