About Me

"Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. " (Dave Barry, American writer and humourist)

Wednesday 22 August 2012

CFC 66 and Less Is More Week 81 - Theme 'Tearing'

Today I have two cards to share. The first is for two blog challenges; CAS-ual Fridays and Less is More. The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is "to create a project featuring something you might see in or at the ocean"; et voila!

Stamps: Inkyliscious 'Essential Grasses' and 'Take Flight - Birds',
Stamps Away 'Ocean Montage', Penny Black sentiment
Inks: DI 'Antique Linen'
Other: Chalks, vellum

On Saturday I went to the first Great British Craft Festival at Donnington Park with my crafting buddy Lisa. It was a mixed bag to be honest; on the hottest day of the year there was no air conditioning in the very crowded exhibition centre, a 20 minute queue for a drink, and unserviced toilets. However, I did bag quite a few bargains and finished the day off perfectly with a pint of shandy in a nearby village pub!
The lighthouse stamp in this card was one of my purchases on the day.

I'm also entering this card in Less is More's challenge this week which is 'tearing' -something I always find difficult to do being a perfectionist. My tearing is therefore quite minimal! I stamped my sentiment using Stazon ink onto a torn strip of vellum.  I also tore some whitewash Core'dinations card to shape the rocks; (although they appear quite rounded after I sanded them).

5 comments:

Deb said...

What a beautiful lighthouse image. Hooray for an aweome purchase! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lynn said...

What an absolutely gorgeous scene you created...so peaceful! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

Great card Caggy. Those rocks work brilliantly and I like your new lighthouse.

Karen x

Mandi said...

Superb scene, fabulous card Caggy

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Paula Fuller said...

What a great scene. Love how simple yet effective your card is :)